lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] compiled current edition of lynx?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] compiled current edition of lynx?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 05:47:23 -0500

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 03:21:11PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> Here is a 16-bit lynx demo w/source-code:
> http://www.mninter.net/~pfourier/lynx16.zip

...compiled in April 2000 :-(

> It should run out-of-the-box on windows XP, using a virtual packet driver and:
> http://www.emsmagic.com/
>
> This 16-bit lynx OLD build handles HTML OK, but the SMTP server code has no
> authentication.
> Can AUTH LOGIN be patched into a new compile?

probably  - though reading the code in lynx16.zip, I see that it's different
from lynx's source - it's making a socket connection where lynx is running
a separate process, or writing to a pipe.  The (slightly) newer blat code
that I was working with earlier this year is using command-line parameters
to run a separate process.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net