lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Finally got cookie file to save (2.8.7rel.1)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Finally got cookie file to save (2.8.7rel.1)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 19:48:31 -0500

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 04:09:41PM -0700, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>> was PERSISTENT_COOKIES set?
>> (just checking - I don't see anything obviously incorrect in the logic).
>

> Yup, unless there's some invisible character mucking it up.

that's not likely (though it's also possible to see all of the configured
values using -trace-mask and -trace).

> BTW, now each time I launch Lynx and go to Google, it says unexpected
> server disconnect and it doesn't remember me from the previous session; I
> have to log in again each time.
>
> So maybe the problem is with the persistent cookies setting?
> Was there a bug fixed in a later version?

I made a couple of cookie changes for Debian #460108, as well as another:

2011-06-12 (2.8.8dev.9)
* modify cookie domain-matching to accommodate RFC 6265, which states that a
  leading dot on a domain attribute should be discarded (report by Sebastien
  Hinderer) -TD

* amend change to cookie prefix matching from Debian #460108.  The discussion
  overlooked this definition from RFC 2109:
   Path   Defaults to the path of the request URL that generated the
          Set-Cookie response, up to, but not including, the
          right-most /.
  In that context, lynx was correct to extract the default "path" attribute
  of
    http://jukebox/cgi-bin/disorder
  as
    /cgi-bin
  rather than
    /cgi-bin/disorder
  as asserted in the report.  However, lynx warned unnecessarily (according to
  the bug report) about the given path attribute.  Deciding whether to suppress
  this warning is under control of the user via the lynx.cfg setting
  COOKIE_QUERY_INVALID_DOMAINS since 2.8.2dev.16 (report by Owen Leibman) -TD

2009-11-25 (2.8.8dev.2)
* modify trimming of URI in LYSetCookie() to eliminate trimming of final leaf
  (Debian #460108) -TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net