lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Finally got cookie file to save (2.8.7rel.1)

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Finally got cookie file to save (2.8.7rel.1)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 19:21:53 -0700

At 07:48 p -0500 11/16/2011, Thomas Dickey didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 04:09:41PM -0700, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
 was PERSISTENT_COOKIES set?
 (just checking - I don't see anything obviously incorrect in the logic).

 Yup, unless there's some invisible character mucking it up.

that's not likely (though it's also possible to see all of the configured
values using -trace-mask and -trace).

Going through the options screen links, everything looks right.

 > BTW, now each time I launch Lynx and go to Google, it says unexpected
 server disconnect and it doesn't remember me from the previous session; I
 have to log in again each time.

 So maybe the problem is with the persistent cookies setting?
 Was there a bug fixed in a later version?

I made a couple of cookie changes for Debian #460108, as well as another:

Doesn't seem to apply.

I recently moved my website from Verio to another host, and I copied
my old .lynx_cookies file to reuse on the new host. Yet when I'm in
Lynx and hit ^K, it tells me the cookie jar is empty. The cookie file
is 8K; it's not empty.

What's going on?