lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] file://localhost/usr/share/doc/packages/lynx/lynx_help/ly

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] file://localhost/usr/share/doc/packages/lynx/lynx_help/lynx-dev.html
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 20:05:54 -0500

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 01:40:38AM +0100, Krzysztof ??elechowski wrote:
> U??ytkownik Thomas Dickey napisa??:
>> However, you may be specifically referring to the part of the url that
>> has the version number (because that corresponds to a directory name).
>> I suppose if you're attempting to review old configuration details, it
>> can be a nuisance trying to use the "release" url.  I added a symbolic
>> link to smooth that out.
> Actually, a "Moved permanently" redirect would be more appropriate, but
> otherwise works as prescribed, thanks a lot.

ok.

>> The issue with ".bz2" also depends on whether support for
>> bzip2 is compiled in, or configured with an external program - or neither.
>> For instance, it works "here".
>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> ___
>>> [1]<URL: file:///usr/share/doc/packages/lynx/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html>
>> 2.8.6 is the previous release (October 2006).
>>
>>> [2]<URL: http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-6/lynx_help/cattoc.html>
>> 2.8.7 is current (July 2009).
>> This url works:
>>
>>    [2]<URL: http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-7/lynx_help/cattoc.html>
> But the problem is, the URL with 8-6 is installed in the local
> documentation for v2.8.7. The documentation on line has a relative URL
> there so it does not matter.

That was in the initial tarball, but I see that I fixed it later
(in the rel.2 patch).  Patches are in
        http://lynx.isc.org/release/patches/

The current tarballs in
        http://lynx.isc.org/release

have the rel.2 patch.  Did I overlook something on lynx.isc.org, or are
you using the initial tarball?

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net