lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/

From: Krzysztof Żelechowski
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:10:27 +0100

Użytkownik Thomas Dickey napisał:
On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:40:12PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
File that you are currently viewing

    Linkname: Entry into main screen
        Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 22:35:25 GMT
    Last Mod: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:51:10 GMT
    Owner(s): None
        size: 2 lines
        mode: normal

No Links on the current page

The document is of type text/xml,
it has an XSLT stylesheet attached using a PI.
It is displayed empty, instead of having the transformation applied.
yes - lynx doesn't do stylesheets or javascript...

This is not a reason to display an empty page to the unsuspecting user.

I think javascript is a different responsibility from stylesheets, since the publisher must cater to browsers that do not play javascript, and HTML contains specific provisions for that case. Or do you consider it to be the publisher’s fault to give me text/xml? But how do you decide whether to serve XML or HTML, if the latter possibility exists on server? Whitelisting? Blacklisting? Accept header? But does Lynx communicate that it does not accept text/xml?

Chris