lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps

From: Mark Skilbeck
Subject: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:02:58 +0000

Ola, fellow text-lovers.

After using Lynx for the past couple of days, I've come to the conclusion that
text-browsers are the only worthy browsers! Thank you for your work. With that
said, there is an improvement (subjective opinion, o'course!) I would like to
see accepted into the code, and that is the ability to supply some content to
Jump URLs. For example, if I have a Jump defined as:

a call then to the "ddg" Jump with the extra text "lynx web browser", would be
expanded as follows:

  http://duckduckgo.com/?s=lynx+web+browser,

with proper URL-encoding (Percent-encoding) applied.

I'm working on a patch to send you guys, but I'd like to hear some feedback and
ideas on how this might be implemented.

Mark.

P.S. In the whole of your codebase there's no urlencode function?!