Re: [Lynx-dev] down

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] down
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:32:07 -0500

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 04:06:59PM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2012, Stefan Caunter wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>>> Keith Bowes dixit:
>>> *laugh* *cough*
>>> //mirabilos
>>> --
>> Exactly. Surely we jest.
>> Several inquiries to this list in the last few years have treated lynx
>> as if it is a SourceForge project anyway; why encourage this?
>> Besides, SourceForge is full of advertising. And other things.
>> I'd much rather be associated with ISC software.
> What's wrong with ?

a) sure it's "nongnu", but off/on there's been comments that projects
   that are not-GPL3 aren't as appreciated as those which are.
   I don't recall if this came up for discussion for lynx or vile.

b) Savannah (recalling incidents) has its own problems with break-ins
   and downtime.

Noting that we're not actually discussing whether is itself
down (rather the discussion was prompted by a user who was having problems).

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>