lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] LDFLAGS in makefile.in

From: MARUYAMA Naomasa
Subject: [Lynx-dev] LDFLAGS in makefile.in
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:56:57 +0900 (JST)

Dear Sir,

Owing to my experiences of compiling lynx2-8-6 and lynx2.8.7 on
SunOS5.10, I would like to suggest you to add

        LDFLAGS         = @LDFLAGS@

into makefile.in by the following reason.

It seems lynx2-8-6 and lynx2-8-7 compiled with curses behave strangely
when run with lss under screen(screen-4.0.2-sol10-sparc-local.gz on
http://www.sunfreeware.com/sol10right.html) and "o" key is hit.  So I
decided to use ncurses instead of curses, but

  ./configure --with-screen=ncurses --with-curses-dir=/usr/local

is not sufficent.  A library object "libncurses" resides in
/usr/local/lib, so I think a line

  LDFLAGS       = -R/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/lib

is necessary in src/makefile, but

    ./configure --with-screen=ncurses --with-curses-dir=/usr/local
LDFLAGS="-R/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/lib"

is still not sufficient owing to the absence of

        LDFLAGS         = @LDFLAGS@

in the makefile.in.  (Note that the same line appears in
src/makefile.in.)  I hope this suggestion will be useful in the future
releases of lynx.

Regards

--------
(Mr.) NaoMASA MARUYAMA
The Institute of Statistical Mathematics