lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] 403 Forbidden?

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] 403 Forbidden?
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 18:44:53 -0400

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Hart Larry <address@hidden> wrote:
> `well.
>     Almost as frustrating as a lack of javascript support, are pages such as
>     European site of Politico. If I try-and-visit
>     http://politi.co/1E9VmB2
>     I receive a 403 forbidden error, says something about nginx. An only
> other way
>     of reading this in Lynx, grab the page with wget-and-rename to an
> extention of
>     .html. But then I cannot click on any urls as at the bottom of the page,
> says,
>     "more file" instead of an url. elinks does work with politico.eu. In
> addition, I
>     really wanted a simpler printer version of individual stories, but seems
> to be
>     hidden in javascript. Thanks in advance if some1 can please examine.
>     Hart

I don't get 403, I get a 301 and then page is served normally

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Server: nginx
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 22:41:15 GMT
Connection: close
Cache-Control: private, max-age=90
Location: http://www.politico.eu/article/the-axelrod-exit-interview/

Lynx Version 2.8.9dev.3 (05 Jan 2015)
libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 1.0.1j, ncurses 5.9.20110404

Can you look at a trace of the session and see if you are getting a
different response?

__Stef