lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Unexpected behavior downloading Lynx's binary

From: patakuti
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Unexpected behavior downloading Lynx's binary
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 18:36:11 -0800 (PST)

I found an unexpected behavior in downloading Lynx's binary by Lynx.

http://invisible-mirror.net/archives/lynx/tarballs/lynx2.8.9dev.11.tar.bz2
--> Downloaded file: lynx2.8.9dev.11.tar.bz2
    The file is gzipped. (mismatch between content (gzipped) and file extention
(bz2))

http://invisible-mirror.net/archives/lynx/tarballs/lynx2.8.9dev.11.zip
--> Downloaded file: lynx2.8.9dev.11.zip.gz
    The file is gzipped but I expect not gzipped file, that is
lynx2.8.9dev.11.zip.

I tried it using 2.8.9dev.11 on Ubuntu 14.04.
Configure option includes "--with-bzlib --with-zlib"
Preferred encoding: All

I found a discussion below.
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2016-08/msg00003.html
Is this also a server problem?

According to the trace log, the server sent "Content-Encoding: gzip" in the
response header in both cases.
I think the client should store uncompressed files in these cases.