lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Wrapping line behavior

From: patakuti
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Wrapping line behavior
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 22:25:39 -0800 (PST)

> For the unconditional wrapping - I suppose it's possible that lynx is
> confused about the width of the terminal.  If it were only kterm (and
> not also the Windows port), I'd check if you have disabled the auto-wrap
> feature (which kterm, being based on xterm, I think would apply).

It doesn't depend on the terminal, I got the same results with kterm, xterm and
gnome-terminal.
I think lynx isn't confused about the width of the terminal because long line
consist of plural words is wrapped as expected.
The problem occurs with long line consist of single word.

>> By the way, I can see this problem with Windows' binary using PDCurses.
>> I used following binary, and screen shot is attached.
>> http://invisible-island.net/datafiles/release/lynx-cs-setup.exe
>>
>> With Windows' binary, I found a little bit different result, that is the
>> long text with link is wrapped only when it is selected.
>> Viewing WrapLineTest2.html and moving cursor, "some text" is vanished.
>> This seems to happen only with Windows + PDCurses.
>
> I'll check that on my Windows machine (thanks).

Thanks,

--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden