lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Fixing some warnings.

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Fixing some warnings.
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 23:11:51 +0000 (UTC)

Juan Manuel Guerrero dixit:

> -                 if (me->object_title == '\0') {
> +                 if (*me->object_title == '\0') {
>                       FREE(me->object_title);

I think a NULL pointer comparison was intended here, and that
this patch may introduce use-after-free bugs.

However, why FREE() doesn’t accept null pointers in the first
place is questionable. (And if free() is macro-wrapped already,
it should probably assign NULL to the variable afterwards, just
to be safe.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
In traditional syntax ' is ignored, but in c99 everything between two ' is
handled as character constant.  Therefore you cannot use ' in a preproces-