lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] How lynx renders a page problem

From: davidson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] How lynx renders a page problem
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 00:21:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017, dan d. wrote:

Hello lynxers,

The attached amazon.htm file is how lynx renders search results in
the mobile and full version of their search engines.

Both mobile version and full version in the same file?

I use the mobile version because with a screen reader there is far
less chatter in the abreviated results page, the attachment is an
example.

So just the mobile version, then.

This started recently, as can be seen while the text of the search
items appears the label for a link pointing to it doesn't.

I gather that you expect the rendered page to include a link for each
search result.

In the document you attached to your message, it looks to me like the
some of the anchor elements (ie, the stuff enclosed in 'a' tags)
contain div elements. In particular, the anchor elements that define
the links you are looking for are among these div-containing anchors.

It seems that Lynx does not render anchors as links when they contain
div elements.

I've attached two small minimally distinct files that demonstrate
this.*

Using the "l" command the html url info does appear as unlabeled
links.

Yep.

Is there some configuration that can be set to make the lables for
the links appear as before,

I do not know of any.

or is this an amazon coding issue?

Thanks.

--
XB

* (I'm not subscribed to the list, so it is conceivable that my
attachment won't make it through.)