lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] parsing </br>

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] parsing </br>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 06:35:41 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>not exactly - as I recall it that's an XHTML feature.

No, XHTML has "<br />".

>(if you'd like to add to the XHTML support in Lynx, a short patch
>would be nice).

Not necessary, XHTML basically parses as HTML,
except it also parses as XML (though serialising
it needs slight changes, as the space before the
"/>" on self-closing elements is quite recommended
for improved HTML compatibility).

Well, XHTML/1.{0,1} do, but nobody uses XHTML/2,
and the less said about {,X}HTML/5, the better...

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<igli> exceptions: a truly awful implementation of quite a nice idea.
<igli> just about the worst way you could do something like that, afaic.