lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Website shows blank page in Lynx browser

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Website shows blank page in Lynx browser
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 15:58:16 -0400 (EDT)

Kyle,
as I just told your associate Sandra, I have no reason to be patient,
 because  this is a public service, you work for me and others like me.
I am to put my work related library research on hold... until when?
Did you hold public consultations to determine how those who use the library's on line resources would be impacted by your slamming the technology door in their faces? Many of whom are using a variety of tools having little to do with accessibility so to speak. For example I was just told you will not support windows phone users, those phones have a history of not working well with Java script...so what are they to do. Get another phone because you say as much? I pointed out to Sandra that many who come across these issues are not going to complain because they are used to being treated like their needs do not matter. Newcomers using older machines, individuals with print disabilities making accessing the library emotionally expensive. As a reporter I have met people say with dyslexia who are actually afraid to use the library at all.

So they manage to find private ways to access library services...only to now have you tell them over and over everywhere, you must change your technology or you will not be welcome here. the library is not even choosing words carefully, plus lying about the benefits of said new account for mobile users. If you wished me to patient, you would have consulted with the public before shutting us out. i disagree about your claim regarding notification. Java scripting is in part supposed to link systems together. Meaning if I am using a part of the site your java scripting no longer recognizes, then notifications will not be processed...no way to tell from the outside. I will add that even some JavaScript friendly browsers like elinks do not work on the areas of the site...at all. You cannot test everything, and because this is a public service, figuring things out after you have discriminated against taxpayers for whom you work is not tolerable.