lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Does anyone use lynx?

From: David Niklas
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Does anyone use lynx?
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 12:19:48 -0400

I don't use lynx often enough... :(
I'm a FF addict. I joined FF anonymous. I waste hours in it.
But so much of the web will not work with lynx... :(
And I do need images...

What I really despise is having to complete the new Google 2.0 ReCAPTCHA
tests. I often have to complete north of 11 tests to get one pass.
Google's AI is REALLY STUPID. And I am the idiot wasting his time
training it for FREE wile their employees get *paid top dollar*.
Newegg.com, mouser.com, and now seemingly everyones blog uses it and
cloud something as a robot defense. Google has found a way to solve the
tech hiring problem, have us do their work for *free*. What's more, the
old ReCAPTCHA is broken so all the original sites that say "to contact the
admin/us, complete this ReCAPTCHA version 1.0 test", are now all broken,
and no one will ever know it. Even more broken are the sites that require
you to complete the 1.0 test to even get to the home page...
Good by to "Stop Spam, Read Books." and "Tough on Bots, Easy on
Humans." ...
So much also, for standardization of html and css...

Sincerely,
David