lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] lynx --source gopher://* not converting less-than and greater

From: Zachary Lee Andrews
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx --source gopher://* not converting less-than and greater-than characters to HTML entities
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 23:39:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I have noticed a potential bug and would like a few folks to verify...
When using lynx to convert a gopher menu into HTML, by using -source,
lynx fails to encode <, >, and & characters into &lt;, &gt;, and &amp;
respectively.

As a result when using lynx (or most other browsers) to open a saved
gopher listing, there will be terrible manging.

Here is an example command and URL:

lynx -source gopher://gopher.zcrayfish.soy/1/irc/lynxtest > lynxtest.html

lynx lynxtest.html

In my example, there are 11 lines... Lynx will only display 9 after

Thanks,
Zachary