lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Latest Lynx version?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Latest Lynx version?
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 15:05:41 -0500

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:10:33PM +0000, Jangly Mark wrote:
> Hi, there,
>        Is there a version of the Lynx text-only browser available for
> Windows 7 Home Premium?

I built executables on Windows 8, which worked-for-me with my Windows 7
machines (Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate):

https://invisible-island.net/lynx/lynx.html

As far as I know, that should work.

To run the executable that uses SSL, you'll have to follow the
instructions on that page to get the corresponding DLLs.
The other installers (which cannot connect to https)
should't need extra DLLs.

Older stuff (someone was asking about Windows XP a few months ago) won't work.
That was because Microsoft changed some DLLs.  Quoting from my reply:

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
https://invisible-island.net