m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] hi-itrans fix

From: bd satish
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] hi-itrans fix
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:31:47 +0200

Hi,

> Of course, the idea is that imaginary/ alomst never typed glyphs can be
> longer. Just like code length in information theory, which among other places
> can be observed -to some extant- in the morse code.

I pondered over this and I agree with it. Optimize the mappings for
frequently-used cases, even though there may be conflicting mappings.
For those ambiguous mappings, there are alternate ways of entering
them (though involving more keystrokes), as Vishvas enumertated in a
split into "-optitrans", but merge them into existing files.

As for the other changes in the patch, I'll review them when I have time.

--Satish