m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Cedilla

From: K. Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Cedilla
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:29:42 +0900

Sorry for the late response on this matter.

In article <address@hidden>, FlorĂȘncio Neves <address@hidden> writes:

>>> At the end of the file, I included a few characters that are not in
>>> the latin1 charset, but may be useful to many users (in particular, it
>>> gives complete French support).  You may keep or remove that section
>>> if you find appropriate.  If you prefer to rename the input method to
>>> "western-european" or something like that, I will not object.

As we already have "latn-pre" input method, I named yours as
"latn1-pre".

> OK, let me explain this in detail.  Everything above line 175 is in
> both the latin1 charset and in Microsoft's US international keyboard,
> so it's well estabilished stuff.  The final section of the mim file
> (starting at line 175) contains "nonstandard" additions.

I see.  As those extra mappings are not that intrusive, I
think we can keep them.  But, I divided the map into
"us-international-keyboard" and "extra" for clearness.

I've just committed the attached one.  Are you ok with that?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden