m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] New layouts for Nepali

From: Santosh Pradhan
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] New layouts for Nepali
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 18:02:29 +0545

Thank you for accepting new layouts.

Sorry I was not aware titles were to be unique. Is title a two letter language code or there are some conventions ?

Thanks
Santosh

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 5:24 PM, handa <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, happy new year, and thank you for the contribution.

> *ne-trad-ttf*: which builds upon ne-trad (existing nepali traditional
> layout) by removing rarely used glyphs and adding missing ones such that it
> is easier to use for users familiar with non-unicode ttf fonts layouts.
> There is still a large user base for such fonts as printing industry is
> still using them. This started a few years back and has gone through few
> revisions according to user suggestions. I also maintain a page providing
> layout image and instructions:
> http://nepalitankan.blogspot.com/2013/10/nepali-traditional.html
> mim and icon: https://github.com/sapradhan/ne-trad-ttf/tree/master/linux

> *ne-rom-translit*: a naive attempt at a transliterated layout.
> source:
> https://github.com/sapradhan/ne-rom-translit/tree/master/src/main/mim
> docs: http://nepalitankan.blogspot.com/2013/11/ne-rom-translit.html

I'd like to include them in m17n-lib.  But, isn't it better to have
distinguishable title strings for these 4 Nepali input methods.

ne-rom-translit.mim:(title "ने")
ne-rom.mim:(title "Ne")
ne-trad-ttf.mim:(title "Ne")
ne-trad.mim:(title "Ne")