mailman

Re: I want to create a maillist

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: I want to create a maillist
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 15:43:25 -0600

tim3385 wrote:
> We are the c2engine.com folks^^

In that case you should be okay to set up Mailman or other mailing
list management software there on c2engine.com.

> Well, how can we create the maillist at nongun.org?
> I am the member of android-x86/qemu/virtualbox maillist. They all
> have their own website. I don't understand the exact meaning of
> "nongnu.org is only for projects hosted at nongnu.org.". Maybe I
> need to ask how to host our project at nongnu.org ?

Correct.  Mailing lists at Savannah nongnu.org are for projects hosted
there.  Savannah is a software forge for projects that don't have the
infrastructure to host themselves.  Hosting is provided by the FSF and
administered by the Savannah volunteer administrators.  All projects
hosted on Savannah must be "Free Software" with the four essential
freedoms.

  https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

I look at http://c2engine.com/ and I see a project that is going
strong.  Congratulations!  However I see nothing about how it is
licensed.  Is it licensed under a free(dom) software license?

While it would be possible to move your project to nongnu.org it
doesn't seem like you need to do this.  It seems like that would be a
step backwards for your project.  I can't imagine you would really
want to do this.

If you do truly wish to host your project on Savannah nongnu.org then
here is the registration form with links to documentation about the
requirements of projects for the site.  All projects are reviewed to
ensure that they are licensed under a free(dom) software license
respecting the four essential freedoms before being approved.  This
ensures that all projects found on Savannah respect a user's freedoms.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/register/

Bob