mailman

Re: Request with regard to a gnu-hosted mailing list

From: Valentin Villenave
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 09:22:50 +0200

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:35 AM, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Valentin,

Greetings Bob and Ian,

> Actually the reverse.  You are listed as an owner not a moderator.
> Another address address@hidden is listed as a moderator.

Oh, right! I totally forgot about Xavier! Okay, that leaves us in a
slightly better situation than what I feared.

> I can reset the list password.  I will send it to you directly in a
> different message.

Got it. (I’ve now changed it, just in case.)

> the "listhelper" team.  This is a group of us that
> volunteer over the majority of the mailing lists.

Interesting. I didn’t know about it.

That being said (as you noticed), this list is specifically meant for
French-speaking people so I’m not sure this can be of much help. I’ll
get in touch with Xavier, our current moderator (whom I forgot we had)
and see if we can manage, possibly recruiting additional contributors…
The GNU LilyPond community is very active in France and people tend to
be quite enthusiastic about getting involved more.

… Then again, another possibility would be, in the long term, to
create a listhelper-fr group for all French-speaking projects who may
be in need of assistance. (Feel free to get in touch with us if/when
that ever happens, as I suspect both Xavier and I would be happy to
get involved.)

i18ing the anti-spam engine would certainly be a welcome addition. If
the team ever requires authentic French spam messages as testing
samples, I suspect we can provide quite a few :-)

Thank you both for your help; it’s always nice to be dealing with
helpful and articulate people!

Cheers,
Valentin.