mailman

Mailman file ownership problems

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Mailman file ownership problems
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 13:16:42 -0600

Hello Sysadmin,

Francisco Vila CC'd has reported a permission problem due to ownership
when trying to edit the html for the lilypond-es mailing list.

The problem seems to be an ownership problem on lists.

  lists:/var/log/mailman$ ll /var/lib/mailman/lists/lilypond-es/es/listinfo.html
  -rw-r--r-- 1 list list 4513 2010-01-01 20:38
/var/lib/mailman/lists/lilypond-es/es/listinfo.html

In order to write it from the web it needs to be user www-data.  For
example here is a working listing.

  lists:/var/log/mailman$ ll /var/lib/mailman/lists/coreutils/en/listinfo.html
  -rw-r--r-- 1 www-data list 4181 2017-11-03 14:55
/var/lib/mailman/lists/coreutils/en/listinfo.html

The full details are forwarded below.

Could you repair the ownership of that list?  It probably needs more
than just that one file changed.  Please double check the directory
against a known good list and fix the set of whatever ownership needs
to be adjusted.

And then please check the entire collection of mailing lists to catch
any others that are also like this?

Thanks!
Bob

----- Forwarded message from Francisco Vila <address@hidden> -----