Re: Compile warning fixes

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Compile warning fixes
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:31:59 -0400

%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  jg> If a code change is not agreeable, would turning off the specific
  jg> warning on all MSVC builds be acceptable?

  jg> Something like this at the beginning and end of each file would stop all
  jg> "warning C4127: conditional expression is constant" warnings throughout
  jg> each file:

Is it required to turn them back on again (with the pop)?

The turn off could easily be done in a windows-specific header file.  If
we didn't have to turn them back on again we wouldn't need to change all
the source files.

  jg> * glob/fnmatch.c: fnmatch() change "const" to "__const" to match
  jg> * glob/fnmatch.h: Check HAVE_FNMATCH and give an error if this file
  jg> * glob/glob.c: Check HAVE_FNMATCH to ensure that the correct header

  >> The glob code is actually taken from the GLIBC library, so we have to be
  >> careful about updates there so we don't introduce incompabilities.  I'll
  >> check it out.

  jg> I wonder how you got on reviewing these and the other revisions
  jg> please?

I haven't pulled a new version of the glob code from glibc.