Re: make 3.81 MinGW port and testsuite working with MSYS

From: Alessandro Vesely
Subject: Re: make 3.81 MinGW port and testsuite working with MSYS
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:48:57 +0100

"Paul D. Smith" wrote:

> %% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   >> I didn't add this patch anyway; there's no reason to require an
>   >> extra application like that when Perl can quite trivially make this
>   >> change itself.
>
>   jg> I wonder if you locally implemented this CR stripping
>   jg> functionality? (I could not see it in CVS version of
>   jg> test_driver.pl)
>
> I haven't committed anything, but I did send a replacement function
> to this set of recipients yesterday that tries to make this change.
>
> Alessandro sent an alternative later that I haven't looked at yet.

That only stripped slashes, not yet CRs.

>   jg> I will work through these and submit fixes over the coming
>   jg> days/weeks.  What are your thoughts regarding waiting for further
>   jg> MinGW/MSVC patches to be merged in before the 3.81 release?
>
> I'd really prefer to avoid delaying the release.  Please, concentrate on
> making sure that the port behaves correctly, it will build properly,
> etc.

I get the whole variables/SHELL suite failing. Does it do so also on NT
and properly installed MinGW? If it does, I would consider delaying the
release a few days for properly fixing it. If not, I would just mention
that win95/98 is not fully supported in 3.81 (if I were Paul, that is.)