Re: make 3.80: variables from environment

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make 3.80: variables from environment
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:08:31 +0200

> From: "Angel Tsankov" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "ML: make-w32" <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:48:10 +0200
>
> > This is on Windows XP SP2.
> >
> > What is your Windows version?  It's possible that your Windows shell
> > upcases environment variables (COMMAND.COM used to do that).
> >
> Im not sure I get the sense of your last sentence:(

I was asking whether you use Windows 9X, where the shell is
COMMAND.COM.

> Btw, I'm using a cygwin (www.cygwin.com) build of make.

That explains the difference.  My build is native Windows build, not a
Cygwin build.  IIRC, the Cygwin build includes all kinds of code
modifications that are not in the mainstream code.

> I then ran the test agains 3.81beta3 and it DID displayed all two
> messages as expected.

Good!

> One more question: Is version 3.81 expected to be released soon? If
> so, when?

It's in latest stages of beta testing, but how soon is ``soon'', I
don't know.  Paul, can you give an estimate?