Re: Make-3.81 rc1 hangs with -j 2 but not with -j 1

From: J. David Bryan
Subject: Re: Make-3.81 rc1 hangs with -j 2 but not with -j 1
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:49:01 -0500

On 22 Feb 2006 at 20:17, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> ...what port(s) of other utilities (in this case `touch') are involved.

I should add three things:

 1. The original problem occurred on a much more involved makefile that did
    not involve "touch" at all.  The example I posted was the minimum
    needed for me to reproduce the problem.  So it's not an artifact of,
    e.g., zero-length files.

 2. The problem isn't limited to rc1; previous CVS builds exhibited the
    same issue.  Of course, rc4 wasn't affected, because rc4 didn't support
    "-j 2" on Windows.

 3. I have no way of testing under Unix, etc., so I don't know if this is
    limited to the Win32 port, or whether this is a broader issue.

                                      -- Dave