Re: Don't see any output to stdout from commands

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Don't see any output to stdout from commands
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:06:29 +0300

> From: "Nicholas Duane" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:55:15 -0400
>
> Resending after joining.  I was not a member and I think the mail was
> getting discarded.

It shouldn't have been discarded: this list is moderated by humans,
and a message with a subject such as above would catch our eyes.  Of
course, errors do happen, so apologies if your messages were
inadvertently sent to void.

> I've just started using GNU make on my Windows machine. Previously I was
> using nmake. The one problem I noticed thus far is that I don't see any
> output from the commands.

That is strange.  Could you show a minimal Makefile that exhibits this
behavior?  Please try using commands that are generally available on
any Windows machine (e.g., Visual Studio isn't), so that we could try
reproducing the problem.

> By the way, I'm running the exe I found in make-3.81\WinRel.

This means you compiled Make yourself with MSVC, right?