Re: Don't see any output to stdout from commands

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Don't see any output to stdout from commands
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 06:26:07 +0300

> Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:13:09 +0200
> From: Krzysztof Nosek <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> >> So, these VS files contain (mostly) all information concerning build
> >> issues of
> >> given solution. But it's only devenv who knows how to deal with it.
> >
> > Okay, but then why invoke devenv from Make?
>
> Hmm, I don't quite follow. Suppose I have large heterogenous project (I do
> have), which I want to build with make, due to its numerous features and
> abilities. However, the project includes several solutions being developped
> and built under VS.

So your project includes some parts that are built using Make
techniques, and other parts that are built using Studio project files,
is that right?

If so, I guess it makes sense to invoke devenv from Make, but it's
quite an unusual setup, I'd say.  Normally, if you use Make, you use
it for building everything.