Re: VPATH of the form C:/foo

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VPATH of the form C:/foo
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:30:57 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Benoit Sigoure <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:12:52 +0100
>
> address@hidden ~ $ make -p VPATH=C:/cygwin | grep -A2 -i vpath
> [...]
> --
> # VPATH Search Paths
>
> # No `vpath' search paths.
>
> # No general (`VPATH' variable) search path.

Ah, I see the problem: the native Windows port (which is what I have)
converts all `:' that are not part of drive letter spec to `;' (by
calling convert_vpath_to_windows32), and then Make parses that using
`;' as PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR, which makes "C:/foo:D:/bar" work.  But in
the Cygwin build, convert_vpath_to_windows32 is not called and
PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR is `:', so this does not work.

I will try to post an experimental patch soon.  Thanks for pointing
out this problem.