Re: infinite loop caused by -j option (J. David Bryan)

From: Bailey, Kirk A
Subject: Re: infinite loop caused by -j option (J. David Bryan)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:09:41 -0500

> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:27:07 -0500
> From: "J. David Bryan" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: infinite loop caused by -j option
> To: GNU Make for Windows List <address@hidden>
>
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:36:16 -0500, Bailey, Kirk A wrote...
>
> > I now have a situation where make reaches a point in the
> build where
> > it enters an "infinite loop". It only does this with the -j option.
> > [...]
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might cause
> this to occur
> > or how I might track down what to change in my makefiles to
> get past
> > this?
>
> Does your makefile have any of the characteristics of the
> original test case in bug #15919?
>
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?15919
>

>                                       -- Dave

Dave,

Yes, that looks like it is very likely the cause. Now I'll
need to figure out how to apply the patch to my Cygwin
version of make so I can make sure. Thanks.

Regards,
Kirk

Note:  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.