Re: make 3.81 and MS-DOS paths (e.g. C: or drive letter paths)

From: Kelly O'Hair
Subject: Re: make 3.81 and MS-DOS paths (e.g. C: or drive letter paths)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:27:29 -0700

Thanks.  And I understand the "no guarantee" issue, we ran into
a problem with find.exe too a while back.

I also understand their point of view on these paths being problematic,
but unfortunately the OpenJDK build process uses such a mixed bag
of tools (misc unix utils, java.exe, cl.exe, rc.exe, rebase.exe, etc.)
it's tricky to sort out when to use what kind of pathname.
In the long term we may need to do some path usage cleanups and
either use relative paths, or some kind of define macro set to access the
various styles of full paths. :^(
Or a set of define macros to run any exe that has to have C:/ paths. :^(

Thanks again.

-kto