Re: colon - windows path "C:/Program Files/libtoto.h"

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: colon - windows path "C:/Program Files/libtoto.h"
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:32:02 +0100

This makefile works :

all:: toto.o
        @echo ---- all ----

toto.o : toto.c
        @echo ----- toto.o -----
        cl /c toto.c

This makefile don't works :

all:: toto.o
        @echo ---- all ----

toto.o : toto.c "c:/toto.h"
        @echo ----- toto.o -----
        cl /c toto.c

This second example return :
make --debug=all
GNU Make 3.81
Ceci est un logiciel libre ; voir le source pour les conditions de copie.
Il n'y a PAS de garantie ; tant pour une utilisation COMMERCIALE que pour

Ce logiciel est construit pour i386-pc-mingw32
Lecture des makefiles...
makefile:5: *** schÚmas de cible multiples. ArrÛt.
Lecture du makefile ½ makefile ?...

Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:11:37 +0100
From: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>

I use GNU Make 3.81 on windows directly with DOS (not cygwin). It's for a
little makefile library

I have a problem with paths that contain ":". This problem has already been
mentioned, but no solution has been made.
The problem mentioned in another discussion
) is that :
foo : c:bar
should this be interpreted as a static pattern rule:
foo : c : bar

Please show a short self-contained example of a Makefile that gives
you trouble with colons.  It could be a bug.  You shouldn't need to do
anything special to get c:/foo/bar file names supported on Windows.

Also, please show any error messages that the example emits.

Checked by AVG - Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.9/1808 - Release Date: 23/11/2008 18:59