RE: GNU make CPU utilization in cloud environments

From: Tamás Fülöp
Subject: RE: GNU make CPU utilization in cloud environments
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:50:20 +0100

It is just a virtual machine in the cloud, so I do not plan to create a distributed jobs, only parrallel ones on the same host. I would like to use only 1 job / 1 host architecture.

You are right about the CPU capacity, but the strage thing is the following. The CPU utilization is below 1% with the running make command, but file operations (like zipping files) occupies the whole CPU, so it could not be a cloud issue.

Thank you for the answer!

Best regards,

Tamas