man-db-devel

Re: [Man-db-devel] Static MAXDIRS easily gets filled with environment mo

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Man-db-devel] Static MAXDIRS easily gets filled with environment modules
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 13:40:06 +0000

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 03:13:40PM +0100, Nick Papior wrote:
>    I am using env-modules to be able to host several versions of code and
>    thus have a large tree of softwares.
>    When using the env-modules I will typically have lots of MANPATH's added
>    to MANPATH and thus I will easily fill up the MAXDIRS (128).
>    Would it be possible to:
>    1) make it dynamic?
>    2) make it *much* larger... ?

I've just pushed a fix to master to make it dynamic:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/man-db.git/commit/?id=199a6e80e7b4baa27e195f2c1120c45df9ea4e67

Please test this if you can.  When checking out the source code from
git, you'll need to run ./bootstrap to generate some files that are
normally part of release tarballs.

>    PS. Thanks for this package! It is indispensable! :)

You're welcome!