Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Jobs/maps pages revamp

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Jobs/maps pages revamp
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:53:03 +0100

Hello!

Le Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:13:07 +0100,
Maxime Petazzoni <address@hidden> a écrit :

> The jobs and maps pages, respectively listing the jobs submitted in
> the last 24 hours, and all successfully rendered maps, both have the
> issue of displaying a large table that does not play very nice with
> small screens.
>
> I propose in the attached patch a revamp of these pages using a big
> list instead of a table. I'd like to see what it looks like with real
> data on the development server. Could one of you apply the patch
> there to see how it looks with lots of data, and thumbnails, etc, and
> we can discuss if it looks good or not?
>
> I updated the French translations (the .po is part of the patch), but
> if we decide to go ahead and commit this, we'll have to update the
> other translations as well of course.
>
> You can probably try this at home too if you have a running rendering
> pipeline (I don't). It should apply on top of maposmatic's HEAD.

Thanks for this patch! In order to test it, I've imported it into a new
branch maxime-job-revamp in the maposmatic-dev Git repository on the
server.

Therefore, the result of your patch can be seen on the development
server at http://dev.maposmatic.org. I'm waiting for the input from
others to commit the patch.

As David Mentré said, another issue with the map list is that there is
no search engine and no indexing by city name or map title.

Cheers!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                         http://thomas.enix.org