Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with german city borders

From: Matthias Meißer
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with german city borders
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:28:40 +0100

Well I read the german guidelines again and can say, that it is necessary to differ different levels cause it doesn't only cover the state of an area (community, city,...) but the administrative state, that might differ between two cities. Therefore to be define it explicit it is important, that a city has only one state (e.g. independent city)

I would recommend to lookup places/cities by their landuse nodes and then to find a corresponding boundary for that name (in a given country, balanced by the number of citizens e.g. a search for Berlin will result in Berlin[GER] cause it has the most citizens).
I don't see a good way to deal with all the different boundary schemes...

regards
Matthias