Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: German translation online !

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: German translation online !
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:02:27 +0100

2010/1/15 malenki <address@hidden>:
> just one thing:
>
> Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Step 7, remove the mywork branch
>>
>>   git branch -D mywork
>
> I always get
> | error: Cannot delete the branch 'mywork' which you are currently on.
>
> Suggestions?

git checkout master

git branch -D mywork

For my own use, I'm using a slightly different procedure that ensures
that my patches are integrated upstream using -d option of git-branch:

# update master with latest update
git checkout master
git pull

# integrate latest changes in master into mywork branch
git checkout mywork
git rebase master

git checkout master
git branch -d mywork  # <-- fails if some commits from mywork are
missing in master

Regards,
d.