[Maposmatic-dev] Handling of the map_areas table name

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Handling of the map_areas table name
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 15:34:07 +0100

Hi all,

This patch series tries to improve how we handle the map_areas table name and
its parametrization. This change is in preparation of the parallelization of
the rendering processes, for which we need non-conflicting map_areas table
names.

Previously, the map_areas table name could be configured from the
ocitysmap.conf file, but this still lacked flexibility. I introduce here a
small API change to the OCitySMap constructor, now taking an additional
map_areas_prefix variable prepended to the 'map_areas' string to build the full
map_areas table name. The caller thus has the liberty of specifying a prefix,
for example PID-based, that would allow him to safely run concurrent
renderings.

The first of these two patches, on ocitysmap, introduces the API change and a
cleaner way of dealing with the map_areas table when the rendering ends (with
failure or successfully). The second patch makes the MapOSMatic daemon use this
new map_areas_prefix when calling OCitySMap (and as such, it must be applied at
the same time as the first patch).

  ocitysmap : Improve the map_areas table name parametrization
  maposmatic: Provide a map_areas_prefix to the OCitySMap constructors

Please review and comment,
- Maxime