Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Recreate map and link problems

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Recreate map and link problems
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:34:50 +0200

Hi,

* Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> [2010-07-23 08:46:06]:

> > Ideally, if your objective is to provide a link to the most up-to-date
> > map, you should direct your users to one the maps, and tell them to
> > click the "Recreate map" button. If a recent map is available, the
> > user will be redirected automatically; if not, a new one, more
> > up-to-date, will be generated.
>
> The issue is that this only takes place with Administrative boundary
> based renderings. With bounding box renderings, there is no cache, so
> every time you ask the map to be regenerated, it's actually going to be
> regenerated.

No, not anymore. If the bounding box is exactly the same (which happens
a lot more frequently with the recreate map feature), it will find it.
See maposmatic/www/maposmatic/helpers.py#rendering_already_exists or
commit fc4f23c15b009ca0ab51854d590e8c847efe4849.

- Maxime

--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''