Re: [Maposmatic-dev] issues on maposmatic

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] issues on maposmatic
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 20:43:08 +0200

Hello,

of me directly, so that others can comment.

Le Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:56:44 +0200,
malenki <address@hidden> a écrit :

> here some things which need some attention which I found or was pointed
> to:
>
> Missing translation (and strings in the po-files) at
> http://dev.maposmatic.org/new/ in the submenus:
> 3. Layout
> 4. style sheet
> 5. Paper size
>   -> cm²!
>
> 7. Summary

Ah, yes, correct. Unfortunately, it's not very easy to translate those
strings since they are not coming from the website, but from the Python
module behind MapOSMatic, or even from configuration files.

This will need some thinking.

> In submenu 5. Paper size
> imho the cm² should be replaced with cm

Well, the reasoning is that we have the choice between:
        120 cm x 140 cm
and
        120 x 140 cm²

I remember having a discussion with David Decotigny on this, and I was
not really in favor of the 120 x 140 cm² notation, but I'm not sure
"120 x 140 cm" is correct.

> A scale on the maps would be a nice thing.

Yes, that's on the TODO list, and if the hackfest had been a day
longer, I think it would have been part of the implemented features.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                http://thomas.enix.org