Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Fwd: Making it easier to translate

From: Guttorm Flatabø
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Fwd: Making it easier to translate
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 23:14:14 +0200

Hello David,

2012/4/7 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
2012/4/7 Guttorm Flatabø <address@hidden>:
> Sign up, give me your username and I'll add you as maintainers and give you
> the necessary access rights. To transfer "ownership" it seems I have to send
> in a request for that to be done manually.

My user name: dmentre

I've added you as a maintainer now.

>> Also, what would be the bi-directional workflow for the .po files? On
>> one side, we regularly need to inject into Transifex the new strings to
>> translate, and on the other side, we regularly need to fetch from
>> Transifex the latest translation updates. How would this work?
>

> I've set up the ocistysmap.pot to be automatically updated
> from http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/plain/locale/ocitysmap.pot,

OK for the .pot reference file. BUt regarding individually translated
.po file. Is there a way to also import *our* .po file?

I've imported all of them now, will update to include Italian and see how updates work, but shouldn't be a problem. The client takes care of it all.

> Or we can add a translator comment that it need not be translated.

I'll look into it, but AFAIK it is supported both by gettext and transifex. Django supports applying these comments inline together with the source-code, I don't know if Python itself supports something like that.

--
Guttorm