Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [task #11707] adding gpx to describe paths

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [task #11707] adding gpx to describe paths
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:47:44 +0200

Hello Jeroen,

2012/4/10 Jeroen van Rijn <address@hidden>:
> Point of note: Waypoint's name would have to be added to the Index too, so
> these optional render passes (if that turns out to be the way to do it) should
> be able to twiddle that index data.

This part is pretty easy: using the IndexCategory class, it is easy to
add a new category in the global index. Then you need to populate it
with IndexItem. See for example the way I have used it for villages:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/ocitysmap2/indexlib/indexer.py#n384

Maybe the only difficult part is to correctly fill the endpoint1 and
endpoint2 parts:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/ocitysmap2/indexlib/indexer.py#n423
Currently, this is black magic for me. Maybe David Decotigny could
give you further details, AFAIK he wrote that part of the code.

Best regards,
d.