Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Outstanding points before releasing MapOSMatic

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Outstanding points before releasing MapOSMatic
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:15:41 +0200

Le Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:57:20 +0200,
David MENTRE <address@hidden> a écrit :

> >  * Deploy on www.maposmatic.org on Saturday morning, but no
> >   public announcement should be made at this point. Maxime and I would
> >   take care of this deployment.
> >
> >  * Start the announcements on Monday morning.
>
> ACK.

In fact, Maxime is doing the deployment right now.

> Maybe we can reduce the timeout to avoid crashing the VM. However I
> have no idea of which value to use. Have you tried the ulimit on
> Python process?

We haven't tried ulimit so far. The problem is that Jérôme is not
really available at the moment, and we don't want to crash the VM
without a way of restarting it. We have asked Jérôme to put in place a
watchdog that reboots the VM automatically when it no longer replies to
SSH. So it will workaround the problem, and allow us to find a better
fix without fearing of loosing the control of the VM.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                http://thomas.enix.org