[Maposmatic-dev] [bug #36244] GEOS Intersection() threw an error while r

From: Étienne Loks
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] [bug #36244] GEOS Intersection() threw an error while rendering some cities and bounding boxes
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:48:56 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #36244 (project maposmatic):

The basic request is correct (I have checked all polygons involved with
ST_IsValid function).

So I have installed PostGIS 2.0 to see if it fixes the failing query (this
kind of error is generally corrected with new versions).
It doesn't by the error is more precise:
TopologyException: side location conflict

After some googling I have found that to correct this kind of error we should
clean up a bit the polygons by using ST_Buffer
(http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ST_Buffer.html) with a radius equal to
0.
This doesn't work.

PS: in PostGIS 2.0 some function have changed like GeomFromText which is now
ST_GeomFromText. Some queries in ocitysmap need to be change to work with this
new version.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36244>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/