Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Git repository access (was: Transifex language layo

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Git repository access (was: Transifex language layout configuration)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 13:20:20 -0000

> Hello Hakan,
>
>> But I would need that anyway if I am to push the translations
>> automatically from Transifex to the repo :-)
>
> Until now, the agreed process was to submit patches to dev@ for review
> and then ask Maxime to integrate them. But I see that people like
> Maxime or you a pushing changes without any review or even telling
> about the changes. :-(

I think we have to separate two areas.

With (larger) code changes, I am absolutely of the same opinion as you
that there should be a review. The part I'm not so sure about is actually
mailing the complete diff to the mailing list. In my experience, creating
a fork and sending a pull request is a much more lightweight operation.,
especially if you want to make sure that no email agent has messed up the
code change.

With the config files for Transifex, or even the translations themselves,
I would very much like to push them directly to the repo. I have to check
on the Transifex server, but I believe there were an option to only pull
reviewed translations.

> Anyway, that might bring more agility to the developments. We will see.

Maybe we could distribute the work on more shoulders. All for the best of
the project, of course :-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...