mibble-users

[Mibble-users] RE: SNMPv1 TRAP-TYPE

From: Nigel Birch
Subject: [Mibble-users] RE: SNMPv1 TRAP-TYPE
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:11:31 -0700

All,

Sorry for posting a question that is basically in the FAQ!
Problem solved.

        symbol = theMib.getSymbol(symbolName);
        if (symbol instanceof MibValueSymbol)
        {
            mibValue = ((MibValueSymbol) symbol).getValue();
            symbolType = ((MibValueSymbol) symbol).getType();

            if (symbolType instanceof SnmpTrapType) {
                        - Get the Enterprise info from the symbolType
                        - Get the TRAP number from the mibValue
                        - Concatenate to get the full TRAP OID.
                }
           }

Thanks,
Nigel

*************************************
Hi,

Given the symbol name of a SNMPv1 TRAP-TYPE definition, I am trying to
get the full Trap OID string.

Currently, when I invoke getSymbol() passing the symbol name, the
returned class is a MibValueSymbol rather than a MibTypeSymbol. The
Value is a single NumberValue.  Since am trying to get the full Trap OID
string, I assume I need to concatenate the Enterprise OID string and the
value.

How do I get an instance of the SnmpTrapType class in order to pull out
the ENTERPRISE string?

Am I going down the right path here?

Thanks,
Nigel