microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] microdc2 problems with & in filenames

From: Yaohan Chen
Subject: [microdc-devel] microdc2 problems with & in filenames
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 23:58:34 -0500

Hello,

I found that when listing a file with "&" in its name from someone else,
microdc2 escapes the ampersand so that "file&name" becomes "file&name".
Also, the get command seems to check that the filename is in the list before
sending a command to the user, and it checks against the
escaped "file&name", and I get a error of "Download of `file&name'
failed (file not available on remote). 0B transferred." If I try to
execute "get" with the unescaped filename, I just get "No files to download",
the same error as if I try with any file not in the filelist. However, in the
search result list, these filenames are not escaped.

When I sharing a file containing "&" myself in microdc2, other clients
including DC++, LinuxDC++ and microdc2 can browse and download it correctly.

I'm using microdc2 0.15.3, compiled with gcc 3.4.6 on Slackware 11.0. The
hub_charset is set to UTF-8. I had this problem with one client tagged
0.4032, and two others 0.698. I didn't encounter a client where this didn't
happen.

Could anyone confirm this?

Yaohan Chen