Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Project website design

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Project website design
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:30:18 +0200

Nikos Chantziaras <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 04/16/2010 02:42 PM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> >Nikos Chantziaras<address@hidden>  schrieb:
> >>This may be a weird question, but how was the project's homepage
> >>created?  Is it hand-written HTML or was a design tool used?
> >>If yes, which?
> >
> >It is hand-written HTML, designed to be as simple and readable
> >as possible in HTML.
>
> I hope it's OK if I copy that and use it in the homepage of one of my
> own projects?

I'm glad you like my style, and I'm happy to see that style
being adopted by other websites.

Since the whole project including the documentation is licensed
under the "expat licence" (aka "MIT/X11 license"), there's no
legal problem with that.

However, I recommend to change the embedded CSS code a lot, such
that your project homepage gets a unique touch. You should at least
change all colors (expect for the black text color and the white
text background, of course). You might also want to change some
box sizes, spacings and font sizes according to your taste.

BTW, what projects are you talking about? I'm curious to see the
results.

Just in case you have an acknowledgement section or similar, you
should acknowledge the mingw-cross-env project rather than me in
person, i.e. something like that: "Web design inspired by the
But this is no requirement, of course. Feel free to reuse the
HTML code without such a notice.

I'd also like to link back to your project site if it is somehow
connected to mingw-cross-env. For instance, if you create the
win32 version of that project using mingw-cross-env, I'd be happy
to get a quick note. I'd then put your project on the list of
"Projects which use mingw-cross-env" which you can find in our
"See also" section:

http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/#see-also

Greets,

    Volker